Fudge anyone?! Today’s MaFF Monday Featured Food-”e”-Friend, Amanda, recommends this as the first recipe we should try from her blog! She says it is amazingly chocolaty, and although it takes a bit more time, and has a lot of steps, it is so worth it in the end and is a guaranteed hit! Yum.
Our Featured Food-”e”-Friend for today is another Canadian…. Amanda, from Winnipeg, Canada, author of The Sweet Details:
Let’s get to know her a little better as today’s MaFF FFF:
1) Tell us a little bit about the “birth” of your blog. How long have you been blogging and why did you start your blog?
We’re right in the middle of the country where it gets seriously cold in the winter so comfort food is so needed! I am married to the man of my dreams Marshall. We’ve been married for almost 2 years now and have a dog named Ollie (you’ll see lots of him in my posts because he’s always in the kitchen with me hoping I’ll drop something)
I started out blogging after being inspired by my sister and her blog. I started my first blog almost two years ago and love to blog. I also love to bake and cook so a little over a month ago I started a food blog called Eating in Winnipeg. I was eager to have a food blog so I just picked a name but soon I wasn’t happy with it. I spent some time thinking about it and thinking about what best describes me and came up with The Sweet Details. I love sweets and I’m a very detail orientated person and all about being organized so the name just made sense.
Right now the big thing in my baking is I’m working my way through a cook book. I’m the type of person that finds a couple of recipes I like and never really go from there or try anything else. I decided that it was time to push myself and try some new things. So I picked a recipe book I already had and started posting about it. At first I was just doing it to expand myself, but now I’m really really loving it and my baking has gotten so much better and I’m so happy with all the recipes I’ve tried. If you wanted to check it out it’s called Baking My Way on my blog.
2) I like your restaurant review feature of your blog. Tell us if we were to be coming to Winnipeg today, which restaurant would you most recommend for us to try and why?
Oh boy, that is a seriously hard question for me because I’m not the type of person that find one places and goes there often. I like to try everything once and with that I am still working on the hundreds and hundreds or restaurants we have! We’re a huge test market for Canada so we’re always getting great new places and I have the hardest time keeping up!
If you like ethnic food I would strongly recommend Mercado Ethiopian! It’s wonderful!! If you like cafe style food I would try Stella’s and go to their new location on Sherbrook, yum!! It’s like being in Europe so I plan to go there often and pretend I’m in a cafe in Italy again!
3) What feature of your blog would you like most for us to know about?
Well, I am very proud of all parts of my blog and I am so excited with each new follower I have and each new recipe I find out about so I would say it’s a tie between my Savory Sunday Blog Hop and my Baking My Way series! I love trying new things new and sharing them with others and I love to see what other people come up with!
I hope you enjoy getting to know Amanda and her blog this week.
Now, on to our party! Check out our Make a Food-”e”-Friend (MaFF) Monday page for more information on what this party is all about, specifics about how to link from your blog, and for more on how you can be a Featured Food-”e”-Friend).
For our regular guests, just a few reminders before linking:
1) You can link a recipe or any type of food-related blog post (including giveaways or free food coupon offers). Make sure you use the URL for the actual post and not your blog (or those interested in what you are sharing may not be able to find it if it’s not your most recent post and will miss out on what you wanted to share!).
2) Don’t forget to link back to this potluck party, using either a text link or the button image. This is important to help spread the word about the party and so all the great recipes that people are sharing can be found and enjoyed. To make it easier:
This party’s URL for a text link:
Button linking back to this week’s party (highlight, copy and paste into your post):
3) Most of all, have fun and be sure to check out any recipes that interest you that others have brought to the party. (How else will you make new Food-”e”-Friends?!) Some weeks I am not able to make it around to all of the recipes shared, but I always enjoy seeing the different things that are linked at these parties and check back when looking for new ideas.
(Link-up open through Wednesday):