Who doesn’t dream of a week long vacation on some tropical island?
I got my toes in the water, toes in the sand, not a worry in the world….
As the Zac Brown song goes. There a few things you think of when it comes to food and a tropical island: tropical fruit and seafood. That was the inspiration for this dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, raw, peeled and de-veined
- 1/8 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 small (8-ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 1/2 cups 100% pure mango juice
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- (pinch) salt
- 2 cups Jasmine rice, uncooked
- (to garnish) parsley, chopped
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Peel and de-vein (if necessary) shrimp, keep cool, and set aside.
- Heat 10-inch covered, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add onion. Saute lightly. (Do not let onion brown, merely soften.)
- Turn heat to low. Add can of coconut milk.
- Add mango juice. Stir to incorporate mixture. (Keep heat on low and do not let liquid simmer. Tip: You should only see steam rising out of pan with no convection in the liquid. This is called poaching.)
- Layer raw shrimp in poaching liquid. Poach shrimp slowly until completely cooked.
- Add can of mandarin oranges with juice. Stir gently to incorporate.
- Add all spice. Poach mixture until heated thoroughly.
- Add a dash of salt and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve over rice.
Recipe URL: http://recipeseo.com/recipe/mMRoZ